LeBron James is one of the most iconic basketball players ever to grace the court.
On Feb 7th 2023, James broke the NBA's all-time scoring record, surpassing the previous record held by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
That got us curious, how did the legendary milestone impact LeBron NBA Top Shot Moments sales pre vs post event? 🤔
We dove into an analytics dashboard produced by @adriaparcerisas and powered by our friends at Flipside Crypto 🔥
- All of the following metrics on LeBron James’ Moments saw a spike post-event
- Number of daily sales increasing from less than 200 to more than 1,500
- Sales volume spiking from thousands to millions of USD
- Number of unique buyers increasing from 40-50 to 1,000+
- The average sales price has been increasing steadily post-event, spiking to almost 1000 USD, suggesting that the market valued LeBron James' Moments even more highly post-event
- All other metric values have reverted to their previous levels since the initial spike, suggesting that the event’s impact on LeBron James' Moments sales were short term.
And finally we’ll leave you with a legendary quote from the King 👑
“F*** man, thank you guys.”